Sunday, May 25, 2014

Sunday Salon - Focused reading and Summer Reading

This past week, I have basically focused on three books.  And for some reason, I have felt a lot better about my reading progress and also a lot less stressed about what I need to be reading.  I think it has a lot to do with the weather.  The reason that I say that is because for some strange reason once the weather gets better, I seem to not read as many books at one time.  Whatever the reason maybe, I tend to read fewer books at one time, even though my side bar may not reflect that.

For many of us in Canada and the US, the summer season has unofficially started, even if the calendar doesn't really acknowledge it, through the long weekends that have spanned the last couple of week (last weekend was the Victoria Day long weekend in Canada).  And one can also tell that the summer season has unofficially started through the release of the summer movies this past weekend.

So that being the case, have you started going through your books to decide what you want to read this coming summer?  Anything that you have ordered/purchased that you are intending to read from?
This summer I am hoping to read Mrs. Hemmingway by Naomi Wood, The Vacationers by Emma Straub, Runaway and Dear Life by Alice Munro, my classics selection,  and some others that I will probably download onto my Kobo or pick up during the course of the summer.

I have been working on my reviews, but haven't posted them yet.  I am hoping sometime either later this week or next week that they will be posted.

Books finished this week but not reviewed:
• The Fault in Our Stars by John Green

Books I hope to finish this week:
While Beauty Slept
A Clash of Kings

Happy reading and hopefully I'll be around next week.

No comments:

What Strange Paradise - Omar El Akkad

 Title: What Strange Paradise ( Bookshop.org ) Author: Omar El Akkad Published: 2022 (first published 2021) Genre: Fiction, Contemporary, Li...