Tuesday, May 27, 2014

#armchairbea 2014 - More Than Just Words

Since my interactions with authors has been very few, I will concentrate on the second portion of this day's focus.

I have really enjoyed over the past few years listening to audiobooks.  Here are some that I have enjoyed:

• The Help by Kathryn Stockett: Its narrated by Jenna Lamia, Bahni Turpin, Octavia Spencer, Cassandra Campbell

The real gem is that Octavia Spencer does the audio for the same character that she won her Oscar for in the movie adaptation of the book and quite honestly I can't see anybody else doing the role of Minny.

• The Flavia DeLuce series: Narration by Jayne Entwistle.

Was turned onto the audiobooks through a blog that I follow and I haven't been disappointed.

• The Book Thief: Narration by Allan Corduner

The guy just sounds like he could be death himself.

• The Harry Potter series: Narration by Jim Dale

Probably the first audiobook that I listened to and loved it.

• The Hunger Games series: Narration by Carolyn McCormick

Love her voice.  I remember watching her on Law & Order as Dr. Elizabeth Olivet; great pacing.

Hope you can check out these amazing audiobooks! 

No comments:

What Strange Paradise - Omar El Akkad

 Title: What Strange Paradise ( Bookshop.org ) Author: Omar El Akkad Published: 2022 (first published 2021) Genre: Fiction, Contemporary, Li...