Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Graceling - Kristin Cashore

Title: Graceling (Graceling Realm #1)
Author: Kristin Cashore
Pages: 471
Published: 2009 (first published 2008)
Genre: Fantasy Fiction
Challenges: Support Your Library
Edition: Paperback
Source: Library

Description: Kristin Cashore’s best-selling, award-winning fantasy Graceling tells the story of the vulnerable yet strong Katsa, a smart, beautiful teenager who lives in a world where selected people are given a Grace, a special talent that can be anything from dancing to swimming. Katsa’s is killing. As the king’s niece, she is forced to use her extreme skills as his thug. Along the way, Katsa must learn to decipher the true nature of her Grace . . . and how to put it to good use. (via Goodreads.com)


Thoughts: Maybe it was my mood or something else, I felt that I was skimming the book while I was reading it.  I felt that somewhere near the beginning of the book that I lost the story.  I felt as though I was in a dream-like state rather than fully concentrating on the book and maybe if I had fully concentrated on the book, I may have picked up more on it to give a more comprehensive review, but somehow I fell as though giving a review and a recommendation of the book would be something half-hearted than what I usually post.

Bottom line: I would probably recommend the book to those that like strong female characters and those that really enjoy fantasy.

Rating: 2.875/5

Pages for 2012: 14535


No comments:

What Strange Paradise - Omar El Akkad

 Title: What Strange Paradise ( Bookshop.org ) Author: Omar El Akkad Published: 2022 (first published 2021) Genre: Fiction, Contemporary, Li...