Sunday, April 13, 2014

Sunday Salon - Changes

As I write this post, I am in the midst of making changes.  They aren't really big changes, but they are changes nonetheless.   A few weeks ago, my mom asked me if I wanted to move some furniture around to make my bedroom more liveable.  After thinking about it for about a day, I realized that this would be a good thing.

But as some of you know, I really don't like changes and changes of any sort kinda make me anxious, even if they are good changes, which this is.

When I moved into my place about 4 and a half years ago, for some reason, it was decided that the walk-in closet in my room would hold my books.  While it was nice to have, I didn't really use it, as it ended up being a place where I stored boxes that I hadn't gone through since I had moved into my apartment and it was a place that I really didn't go into much.

My parents had asked me if I had wanted to have a TV in my bedroom and I decided against it due to a number of factors and then was proposed to me a little bit later that maybe I could possibly create a space for me to read and just relax and place for me to go to when I had the need to.  This definitely sounded better to me.  It's not that I don't like to watch TV, I do, its just that when I go to my room, I want it to be a place in which I can really unwind and relax and while I can do it on my bed, it can get a little uncomfortable at times. 

So it was suggested that I move my four bookshelves into the den area, which was another "dumping ground" for stuff and a place I didn't really use and have my dresser and some other things moved into the closet, which would allow me store things that have been just lingering in my place in a proper spot and allow for more organization.  I am looking forward to what the final product looks like and I may post photos on my blog in a few weeks time.  So if you want to see the final product, you might want to keep yourself updated.

Yesterday evening (Saturday),  I managed to get caught up with my book reviews; it was a bit easier than in the past, as I wrote the book reviews down in a notebook so as get my thoughts down a little better ahead of posting here, but sadly haven't had much motivation to read this week, but I am hoping to read a bit more this coming week, but with the move, I don't know how much I'll be able to get done, as there is a lot to be done in the coming days.

Reviews:
1) Labor Day by Joyce Maynard (review)
2) The Reason that I Jump by Naoki Higashida; translated by K.A. Yoshida and David Mitchell (review)
3) Somewhere in France: A Novel of the Great War by Jennifer Robson (review)
4) The Interestings by Meg Wolitzer (review)
5) Twelve Years a Slave by Solomon Northup (review)
6) Shopping, Seduction & Mr. Selfridge by Lindy Woodhead (review)
7) The Whole Golden World by Kristina Riggle (review)

Till next week, hopefully...

No comments:

What Strange Paradise - Omar El Akkad

 Title: What Strange Paradise ( Bookshop.org ) Author: Omar El Akkad Published: 2022 (first published 2021) Genre: Fiction, Contemporary, Li...