Thursday, December 26, 2013

Pre-Printing Press Challenge 2013-2014 Edition


I have never done this sort of a challenge, but I think I could easily do this one, especially since I have been hoping to read at least a couple of them that were mentioned.  My goal is to read The Oresteia and Homer's The Odyssey.  If you wish to join, here are the guidelines:


  1. All books must have come out before 1440, when the printing press was first invented.
  2. Books chosen for this challenge can overlap with other challenges.
  3. Books can be translated into the language of your choice.
  4. All the books you've chosen must be read by December 31, 2014.
  5. You can read 1-3 books, 4-6 books, 7-9 books or 10 or more books if you're feeling particularly ambitious.
  6. The choice of books is up to you. There are no set reading lists, and you don't have to set one when you join.
  7. Post your blog address where you'll be posting your comments on your choice of books in the comments of this post when you join, and tell me how many books you've chosen. I'll set up a link to participating blogs from here.
  8. Above all, Have fun.
This particular challenge started on December 1 of this year, but I am going to start in January.  If you wish to join, click the photo.

No comments:

What Strange Paradise - Omar El Akkad

 Title: What Strange Paradise ( Bookshop.org ) Author: Omar El Akkad Published: 2022 (first published 2021) Genre: Fiction, Contemporary, Li...