Friday, December 13, 2013

Love Actually

Title: Love Actually
Director: Richard Curtis
Running time: 135 min
Released: 2004 (originally released 2003)

It's all about love and holiday cheer in London. The Prime Minister is smitten with his caterer; a widower's young son nurses the ultimate schoolboy crush; a writer falls for his Portuguese housekeeper; a devoted wife and mother copes with her potentially unfaithful husband; and a lovelorn American is desperately attracted to a colleague.

Thoughts: I reviewed this movie about two years ago and it still remains one of my favourite Christmas films.  Watched it with my mom last night and she had a blast watching it with me.  Like I said in the previous review, the thing I like about the movie is that its about different kinds of love, whether it be love that is unrequited or love that is starting out or love that comes from being a part of a family and so forth.  My favourite part of the movie are the opening and closing scenes of the arrivals lounge at Heathrow.  I also like how the characters cross paths with each other and how they are interrelated with each other, even if its very loose.


Bottom line: If you are a fan of Curtis' other films, Notting Hill or Four Weddings and a Funeral or a fan of any of the actors in the movie, I think you'll enjoy it (and yes at least three of the actors showed up in the Harry Potter films at some point).

No comments:

What Strange Paradise - Omar El Akkad

 Title: What Strange Paradise ( Bookshop.org ) Author: Omar El Akkad Published: 2022 (first published 2021) Genre: Fiction, Contemporary, Li...