Friday, December 13, 2013
2014 TBR Pile Challenge
Its that time of year again, when us bloggers go through the vast amounts of announcements of reading challenges and decide what ones to take on and how much of each one we are to take on. And as usual I take on more than I can chew.
I tried out this one last year and even though I didn't complete it, I did manage to get a few books off my TBR Pile.
This challenge is pretty simple: read 12 books that have been on your TBR pile before Jan. 1, 2013 and that you haven't read. Here are the specifics:
Each of these 12 books must have been on your bookshelf or “To Be Read” list for AT LEAST one full year. This means the book cannot have a publication date of 1/1/2013 or later (any book published in the year 2011 or earlier qualifies, as long as it has been on your TBR pile – I WILL be checking publication dates). Caveat: Two (2) alternates are allowed, just in case one or two of the books end up in the “can’t get through” pile.
Crossovers from other challenges are totally acceptable, as long as you have never read the book before and it was published pre-2013!
*Note – You can read the books on your list in any order; they do not need to be read in the order you have them listed. As you complete a book – review it, and go back to your original list and turn that title into a link to the review - that will keep the comments section here from getting ridiculously cluttered.
If you wish to know more, you can link back to the starting page here: http://roofbeamreader.com/2013/11/27/announcing-the-2014-tbr-pile-challenge/
My 2014 TBR Pile Challenge List:
• War and Peace by Leo Tolstoy (1868)
• The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexander Dumas (1844)
• The Snow Child by Eowyn Ivey (2012)
• Moon over Manifest by Clare Vanderpool (2010)
• The Remains of the Day by Kazuo Ishiguro (1989)
• The Poisonwood Bible by Barbara Kingsolver (1998)
• The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger (2003)
• Major Pettigrew's Last Stand by Helen Simonson(2010)
• The Canterbury Tales by Geoffrey Chaucer (1372)
• The Passage by Justin Cronin (2010)
• Wolf Hall by Hilary Mantel (2009)
• Runaway by Alice Munro (2004)
• Team of Rivals by Doris Kearns Goodwin (2005)
• A Clash of Kings by George R.R. Martin (1996)
I realize that a good portion of these are big books, but I think in combination with the Chunkster Challenge, I can get a number of these completed.
2014 TBR Pile Challenge
2014|signup|tbr pile reading challenge|