Friday, December 13, 2013

2014 Chunkster Challenge


This the third time I have attempted this challenge and this year its a little more relaxed, not that I minded having a bit of a nudge for this challenge, but sometimes its nice to take a bit more of a relaxed approach.  That being said, I am a person that needs goals, so I am going to state the chunksters that I wish to read.

But before I state which ones I am going to attempt to finish this year, here are a few rules:
  • Audio books and e-books are now allowed. You want to listen to a chunkster on audio? Be my guest. 
  • Essay, short story, and poetry collections are allowed but they have to be read in their entirety to count.
  • Books may crossover with other challenges.
  • Anyone can join.
  • You don’t have to list your book ahead of time.
  • Graphic novels don’t count. Sorry guys but reading a chunkster graphic novel isn’t the same as reading a non-graphic chunkster.

Remember that the book has to be 450 pages or more and can be adult or YA, just not a graphic novel.

Here are the books that I am going to attempt to complete:
• War and Peace by Leo Tolstoy
• The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexander Dumas 
• The Poisonwood Bible by Barbara Kingsolver
• The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger
• The Passage by Justin Cronin
• Wolf Hall by Hilary Mantel
• Team of Rivals by Doris Kearns Goodwin
• A Clash of Kings by George R.R. Martin
• Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince by J.K. Rowling
• Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling



No comments:

What Strange Paradise - Omar El Akkad

 Title: What Strange Paradise ( Bookshop.org ) Author: Omar El Akkad Published: 2022 (first published 2021) Genre: Fiction, Contemporary, Li...