2012 Library Challenge
I think many of us who like to read would like to think we’re well acquainted with our local library… or at least, we’d like to be. I’ve recently started using my local library more. Probably more than I’ve done since I was a child and my mom would drag me there to work on school projects. The goal of the Library Challenge is simple: check out and read books from your local library. Find your library card, dust it off, and put it to use.
Where’s my local library?
You can search for a library in your area here.
Who can participate?
Anyone! Whether you have a blog or not, no matter what your age… you can participate in this challenge.
How does it work?
I know not everyone has the time to make multiple trips to the library each month, so the minimum goal for this challenge will be 12 books: one per month. The 12 main challenges will be required for the challenge completion. There will also be mini-challenges each month, relating in some way to the main challenge. The main challenge for the month will be posted on the 1st of the month. All mini-challenges will be posted on Sundays.
What will we be reading?
Since everyone has different reading preferences, the main challenges will be general. The mini-challenges will get a bit more specific, but will still have a generalness to them. This way, even when you are being pushed a bit out of your comfort zone, you will still have final say over the book you end up reading. You will not be required to read anything that goes against your values or would make you blush.
Will we be reading Popular Fiction?
Yes. The popular fiction section is organized by Author’s last name.
Will we be reading Non-Fiction?
Yes. Books in this section are arranged by the Dewey Decimal System which is organized as follows:
000: General Knowledge
100: Psychology and Philosophy
200: Religions and Mythology
300: Social Sciences and Folklore
400: Languages and Grammar
500: Math and Science
600: Medicine and Technology
700: Arts and Recreation
900: Geography and History
1) This challenge will run from January 1, 2012 through December 31, 2012 – this means for a book to qualify for this challenge you will have to start it on or after 1/1/12 and finish it before 12/31/12.
2) Books read for this challenge may be used to meet the requirements of any other reading challenges you are participating in.
3) You must complete the main monthly challenge. All mini-challenges are optional.
4) You may join the challenge at any time during the year.
5) It’s okay to read a book you’ve read before. Just make sure you are reading it again in 2012.
Rules for Bloggers
1) All General Rules (see above)
2) After signing up, please make a post on your blog telling people about the challenge and linking back to this blog.
3) Link back to this blog either in your blog roll or with a button (provided in the sidebar).
4) After reading a book that meets this challenge, create a post on your blog about the book. Come back to this blog and leave a link on that post’s Mr. Linky.
Rules for Non-Bloggers
1) All General Rules (see above)
2) Sign up in the comments section of the sign-up page.
3)After reading a book that meets this challenge, come back to this blog and tell us about the book in that post’s comments section.
That’s it! If you want to participate head over to the sign-up page!