Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Top Ten Unread Books on Melissa's Bookshelf

Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and Bookish, where book bloggers share their Top Ten lists on everything bookish. 

 

1.  My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult - I have had heard that this book is amazing and still I haven't read it.

 

2.  The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexander Dumas - Several people that I know have read this book and really love it.  But for me its still on my TBR list

 

3. Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy - I read half of the book for a book club meeting a few years ago and I haven't gotten around to completing it.  Looks like I will have to start this book over again in order to get the full scope of the book.

 

4. War and Peace by Leo Tolstoy - I wanted to read this book a number of years ago and I thought that this year would be the year and yes you guessed it, I haven't gotten around to it.

 

5. North and South by Elizabeth Gaskell - After viewing the BBC miniseries for the first time a number of years ago, I really wanted to read the book, but like the rest on my list, just haven't gotten around to the book.

 

6. New York by Edward Rutherford - When I first heard about this book a couple of years ago, I went out and bought the hard back of the book.  I managed to read half of the book, but another book took up my time and I didn't go back to reading the book.  Fortunately, its a book that you can pick up sort of midstream and don't have to start at the beginning again.

 

7. The Passage by Justin Cronin - I bought this book primarily because it was on sale and I could get it for about $13 (that's an amazing price for hardcover that has just come out).  I do plan on reading it, its just a matter of when.

 

8. Les Miserables by Victor Hugo - I started reading this book back in 1993 and have never completed it. I don't even know where I left off that I am going to have to start this one all over again.

 

9.  The Blind Assassin by Margaret Atwood - My sister bought me this book back for Christmas 2001 and its been sitting on the shelf ever since.

 

10. The Thirteenth Tale by Diane Setterfield -  I have heard so many good things about this book and I still haven't opened it and started to read it.

No comments:

What Strange Paradise - Omar El Akkad

 Title: What Strange Paradise ( Bookshop.org ) Author: Omar El Akkad Published: 2022 (first published 2021) Genre: Fiction, Contemporary, Li...