Monday, November 7, 2011

The Christmas Spirit Reading Challenge 2011

I know its getting closer to Christmas when the Christmas reading challenges start popping up and this one I have been looking forward to for the last week.

Here are the details:
Challenge will run from Monday, November 21, 2011 through Friday, January 6, 2011 (Twelfth Night or Epiphany).

Cross over with other challenges is totally permitted AND encouraged!
These must be Christmas novels, books about Christmas lore, a book of Christmas short stories or poems, books about Christmas crafts, and for the first time...a children's Christmas books level!

Visit this POST for a list of new Christmas books for 2011.  Two books I highly recommend for this season that I have read and reviewed...The Christmas Village by Melissa Ann Goodwin and The Reindeer Keeper by Barbara Briggs Ward (click the titles to read my reviews).

Levels:
  • --Candy Cane:  read 1 book
  • --Mistletoe:  read 2-4 books
  • --Christmas Tree:  read 5 or 6 books (this is the fanatic level...LOL!)
             
Additional levels:
  • --Fa La La La Films:  watch a bunch or a few Christmas movies...it's up to you!
  • --Visions of Sugar Plums: read books with your children this season and share what you read
*the additional levels are optional, you still must complete one of the main reading levels above
The most important rule?  Have fun!!!

For more information and to sign-up, please see this post.
 
I am going to aim for the Christmas Tree level and will also be doing Fa La La La Films, of which I will probably watch about 5 or 6 films.

3 comments:

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea said...

I also use to read a few Christmas themed books every year, but last year I didn't and not sure about this year either...just not enough time:( have fun! I'll look for your reviews.

Jennifer said...

I just signed up for this challenge, too. I can't wait to see what everybody is reading!
JNCL
The Beauty of Eclecticism

Michelle Stockard Miller said...

I'm glad you're joining me for the challenge, Melissa. Hope you enjoy yourself.

Less than 24 hours to go!

What Strange Paradise - Omar El Akkad

 Title: What Strange Paradise ( Bookshop.org ) Author: Omar El Akkad Published: 2022 (first published 2021) Genre: Fiction, Contemporary, Li...