The Christmas Spirit Reading Challenge 2011
Here are the details:
Challenge will run from Monday, November 21, 2011 through Friday, January 6, 2011 (Twelfth Night or Epiphany).
Cross over with other challenges is totally permitted AND encouraged!
These must be Christmas novels, books about Christmas lore, a book of Christmas short stories or poems, books about Christmas crafts, and for the first time...a children's Christmas books level!
Visit this POST for a list of new Christmas books for 2011. Two books I highly recommend for this season that I have read and reviewed...The Christmas Village by Melissa Ann Goodwin and The Reindeer Keeper by Barbara Briggs Ward (click the titles to read my reviews).
- --Candy Cane: read 1 book
- --Mistletoe: read 2-4 books
- --Christmas Tree: read 5 or 6 books (this is the fanatic level...LOL!)
- --Fa La La La Films: watch a bunch or a few Christmas movies...it's up to you!
- --Visions of Sugar Plums: read books with your children this season and share what you read
The most important rule? Have fun!!!
For more information and to sign-up, please see this post.
I am going to aim for the Christmas Tree level and will also be doing Fa La La La Films, of which I will probably watch about 5 or 6 films.