Thursday, November 24, 2011

Booking Through Thursday - Thankful

Booking Through Thursday asks this week:

What book or author are you most thankful to have discovered?
Have you read everything they’ve written? Reread them?
Why do you appreciate them so much?
 The book that I am most thankful for to have discovered would be Jane Eyre.  The reason being is that it introduced me to the world of classics and also made me realized that those of us who have been put down or cast aside by somebody can make a life for themselves.  While I haven't read everything by Charlotte Bronte, but I have reread Jane Eyre a few times.  I appreciate the book so much is because it is so well written.  And quite honestly its a very good story.

The author that I am most thankful for is Jane Austen.  I haven't read everything that they have written, but I have read a number of her works, even a couple of rereads and have discovered a few new favourites among them.   I appreciate her so much because she writes life as it is, or at least a more idealized version of what life is like; she captures the human spirit very well and understands that life can be messy and not forgiving at times.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have never read Jane Eyre but I know many readers love it!

Here's my BTT: http://palmtreesbarefeet.wordpress.com/2011/11/24/booking-through-thursday-thankful/

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

I've enjoyed both of those authors...but haven't read them in a long while.

Today I focused on contemporary authors, and here's MY BTT POST and
MY WEBSITE

Anya Millar said...

Both authors are wonderful. I've not read all of either but you just never know... maybe one day.

Here's my Booking Through Thursday ~ House Millar series

Áine

What Strange Paradise - Omar El Akkad

 Title: What Strange Paradise ( Bookshop.org ) Author: Omar El Akkad Published: 2022 (first published 2021) Genre: Fiction, Contemporary, Li...