Sunday, November 20, 2011

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? (Nov. 21)

It's Monday, What Are You Reading is a fun weekly meme hosted by Sheila at Book Journey where we share what we've read and reviewed over the past week and what we plan to read next.

This week wasn't great in terms of reading, as for most of it I was feeling awful and when I got home from work, I couldn't get myself to do any reading for long periods of time, at least until Saturday and Sunday, where I spent most of my time reading and sitting on the couch, hoping that my poor nose would somehow unclog itself (which it has thanks to Advil Cold and Flu and I can finally smell again).  I also spent the better part of the early morning hours on Saturday and Sunday because (a) I got engrossed in the book I was reading and (b) I just couldn't get to sleep due to either too much caffeine from the tea I drank on Friday or the clogged nose from Saturday.  But I did manage to get a book done on Sunday afternoon.

What I am reading:
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire - I am also listening to the audio version of the book and finding Jim Dale very engaging, although some of the voices for some of the characters aren't how I imagined them due to the movies, but overall I really enjoy the audio version.


What Alice Knew - reading this for Tuesday Book Talk, although I am horribly behind.


What I recently completed: 
The Wild Rose - This is the third and final book in the Tea Rose trilogy.


What is up next:
• Due to The Christmas Spirit Reading Challenge and due to the fact that the Christmas books that I have signed out, I don't know exactly what I will be reading, but this week I will be working on The Christmas Scrapbook and A Plain and Fancy Christmas this coming week, in addition to a few others, including the Steve Jobs biography by Walter Isaacson.

What are you reading this week?

3 comments:

MeikkiBeibi said...

Christmas is coming indeed! :D

Come see my Monday! And have a great week!

Sheila (Bookjourney) said...

Harry Potter and Jim Dale narrating? Fantastic way to spend a weekend! Hope you feel better soon.

Deb Nance at Readerbuzz said...

I don't know what's up next for me. I am happily reading a good book right now and that's enough!

What Strange Paradise - Omar El Akkad

 Title: What Strange Paradise ( Bookshop.org ) Author: Omar El Akkad Published: 2022 (first published 2021) Genre: Fiction, Contemporary, Li...