Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - J.K. Rowling

Title: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Harry Potter #7)
Author: J. K. Rowling
Pages: 607
Published: 2007
Genre: Fantasy, Young Adult
Edition: Hardcover
Source: Personal

Description: Harry has been burdened with a dark, dangerous and seemingly impossible task: that of locating and destroying Voldemort's remaining Horcruxes. Never has Harry felt so alone, or faced a future so full of shadows. But Harry must somehow find within himself the strength to complete the task he has been given. He must leave the warmth, safety and companionship of The Burrow and follow without fear or hesitation the inexorable path laid out for him. (via Goodreads)

Thoughts: I know it may be hard to believe it, but this as only the second time that I have read the book.  There are a few times that got me a bit freaked out to the point that I thought I may have nightmares as a result; one time was when Harry and Hermoine where in Godric's Hallow they met Nagini, disguised as Bathilda Bagshot.

One thing I liked about the book is that it brought all the elements of the six books together, even if they weren't as pronounced in the final book.  I also liked that there were quieter moments and how Harry was able to interact with Hermoine and also have sometime to reflect as to what is going to happen.

If there is one quote that I loved in the book it is when Molly Weasley said to Belletrix, wheen she was about to attack Ginny: "Not my daughter, you bitch!" I like it so much that I have had it as my user picture on Goodreads for a number of years, probably about 2009 or 2010.

Bottom line: I really enjoyed how Rowling tied up the series and how that while that most of the characters did survive, there were also characters that didn't.  Despite what some readers may think of the final book, I felt it was a satisfying end to the series.  Highly recommended. 

Rating: 4.75/5

No comments:

What Strange Paradise - Omar El Akkad

 Title: What Strange Paradise ( Bookshop.org ) Author: Omar El Akkad Published: 2022 (first published 2021) Genre: Fiction, Contemporary, Li...