Tuesday, June 25, 2013

What's On Your Nightstand (June 25)

Can hardly believe that June is almost gone and that the school year is nearly complete.  It only seemed like it was May yesterday and suddenly a Canada Day long weekend is upon those of us in Canada!  Yay!

It actually was a  quite productive month, even though it really didn't feel like it.  This past month, I posted reviews for The House Girl and The Whole Truth (books that I completed before May's post but didn't have reviews for at the time of last months post).

I also completed and reviewed The Gods of Heavenly Punishment and The Help.

I am still reading the classics that I mentioned last month and have started a bunch more books.  It doesn't look like I am going to finish Villette before the 1st, but then again I have a bunch more days to work on it before I have to get it completed for The Classic Club's spin project (you list a bunch of books you want to read, they pick a number, and you have to read the book that corresponds with that number).  I am also hoping to read Twelfth Night in a couple of weeks due to the fact I am seeing a production of the play early in July.

Happy reading :)

No comments:

What Strange Paradise - Omar El Akkad

 Title: What Strange Paradise ( Bookshop.org ) Author: Omar El Akkad Published: 2022 (first published 2021) Genre: Fiction, Contemporary, Li...