Saturday, November 24, 2012

Weekend Cooking - Roast Potatoes

It has been awhile since I have shared anything and yes, I am still stuck in making the same things over and over again, but I think I know why and it has to do with some health issues that arose last winter and for some reason I can't seem to get out of the mind set that  I can only eat certain things, but I am feeling that I am eating better, whatever that is worth.

One thing that I have been making regularly since this past summer, when I had a food fart in regards to my cooking, are roast potatoes. They are very easy to make and probably much better than the roast potato kits that I have seen appear in the grocery store in the past year.  I find that these are much better tasting and probably healthier for you.

Roasted Potatoes

Preheat oven to 425.

Put 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil into a large mixing bowl.

Wash and dry potatoes (leave whole if they are mini potatoes; otherwise cut into halves).

Add the potatoes and mix well with clean hands until potatoes are coated with oil.

Add spices: 1 tablespoon each of steak spice and rosemary or thyme.

Put in a glass baking dish that is large enough that they are not piled on top of each other.

Bake in oven for 30-40 min.

Use a spatula to flip them after about 20 min.

After 30 minutes, stick a fork into a few of them to see if they are soft.  Leave in oven until done.


I find that the small mini-potatoes work the best, but then I haven't used larger potatoes.  If you are on your own, its an easy recipe to halve.

No comments:

What Strange Paradise - Omar El Akkad

 Title: What Strange Paradise ( Bookshop.org ) Author: Omar El Akkad Published: 2022 (first published 2021) Genre: Fiction, Contemporary, Li...