Friday, May 20, 2011

Blog Hop



Follow Friday asks this week: Its circle time. Time for us to open up and share.  Can you tell FIVE quirky habits or things about you?
• I read while playing the alphabet game.  I started it over 10 years ago and its just become habit.  Its slow, but at least I can get my way through books.
• I always put on close captioning when watching TV, when possible.  Live programming I tend to take it off or when the cc are not the way I want them to be.  Same thing goes for movies.
• I sign out way too many books than I can possibly read/handle.
• I like to listen to the radio in order to get to sleep
• I can't really watch kissing scenes in movies.



Book Blogger Hop


This week Crazy for Books asks: If you were given the chance to spend one day in a fictional world  (from a book), which book would it be from and what would that place be?

Honestly I don't know what fictional world I would choose.  I have entered so many worlds that I couldn't just pick one.  But if I had to pick one, I would probably would want to enter the world that Jane Austen's characters exist in.  I realize that many of places actually do exist in the book, or have their actual equivalent, but I would love to enter a world in which people went to parties and had nice clothes.

3 comments:

Loren Chase said...

What is the alphabet game???? I need to know! It sounds fascinating lol. I ALWAYS put cc up when I'm watching movies, I don't know why I like to read what they're saying but I definitely don't want to miss anything they say! Live tv just frustrates me because it's never feeding through right. Twenty lines later and the cc still hasn't caught up to what they're saying. So frustrating! And I still have trouble with number five! You're not alone! ;) Happy Friday!

~Loren

Conor said...

Library Tech? I'm jealous, I would love to work in a library. Anyways, just hopping through and wanted to say hello. I'm not sure I'd get along with Jane Austen's characters all that well, but I applaud your choice regardless. I will make sure to keep up with your site!

Shana said...

The alphabet game...interesting. Hi! Just stopping by. Following you from the Feature and Follow Friday blog hop (finishing from last night!). Would love a follow back: blog.writerslairbooks.com. I also have twitter: @wlbks. Have a 'good read' weekend!

What Strange Paradise - Omar El Akkad

 Title: What Strange Paradise ( Bookshop.org ) Author: Omar El Akkad Published: 2022 (first published 2021) Genre: Fiction, Contemporary, Li...