Monday, November 22, 2010

Musing Mondays

Hosted by Miz B at Should Be Reading

This Week's Question:
This week’s musing is yet another read-and-respond! (are you getting tired of hearing me say that?) LOL… I was reading one of my favorite blogs, the other day, and came across a post that talked about truth vs. fact. Part of the post had this to say:
From my childhood on, I’d learned a lot of truth about the human condition from reading fiction. In many cases, I learned more from fiction than from observing my real world…
I think that people who discount fiction don’t really understand it–or haven’t read much of it. They don’t grasp the power of story to carry truth.
…Some truths are universal and timeless (like the lessons on friendship learned from Charlotte’s Web.)
My all-time favorite children’s book was Little Women. I learned a lot of important truths from the March family: how to love deeply, how to grieve a loss and go on, and how to feed the imagination…
At the end of the post, there is a question posed, and this is what I’m using for today’s MUSING MONDAYS: What truths do you remember learning in fiction?

I can't really recall what I have learned, except for learning how to behave around people.  I am a bit of a slow learner when it comes to social things and books were the one way that I could learn things of social importance.

1 comment:

caite said...

I can totally understand that...lol

What Strange Paradise - Omar El Akkad

 Title: What Strange Paradise ( Bookshop.org ) Author: Omar El Akkad Published: 2022 (first published 2021) Genre: Fiction, Contemporary, Li...