Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Booking Through Thursday - Best of 2011

Booking Through Thursday asks this week:

What were your favorite books of 2011?

My favourite reads of 2011 were:
• Unbroken: a World War II story of a survival, resilience, and redemption by Laura Hillenbrand
• The Warmth of Other Suns by Isabel Wilkerson
• The Book of Negroes by Lawrence Hill
• Room by Emma Donoghue
• Juliet : a novel by Anne Fortier
• The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks by Rebecca Skloot
• A Great and Terrible Beauty and Rebel Angels by Libba Bray
• The Tea Rose, The Winter Rose, and The Wild Rose by Jennifer Donnelly
• True Grit by Charles Portis
• Blood, Bones and Butter: The Inadvertent Education of a Reluctant Chef by Gabrielle Hamilton
• Frankenstein by Mary Shelley
• Persuasion by Jane Austen
• The Revenge of the Radioactive Lady: a novel by Elizabeth Stuckey-French

5 comments:

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

I haven't read any of these, but I see several that have been tempting me all year...like Room, the "Rose" books, and, of course, Persuasion. A Jane Austen book I haven't managed to read yet.

Here's MY BTT POST and
MY WEBSITE

Anonymous said...

Persuasion was my favorite Austen book. I keep seeing Unbroken on many people's blogs -- I wasn't drawn to its description, but so many people like it, maybe I should check it out.

Anonymous said...

We share a favourite! :)
Here’s my Booking Through Thursday post. :)

Anonymous said...

We share a favourite! :)
Here’s my Booking Through Thursday post. :)

Anonymous said...

I've read Persuasion also.

http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2011/12/booking-through-thursday_29.html

What Strange Paradise - Omar El Akkad

 Title: What Strange Paradise ( Bookshop.org ) Author: Omar El Akkad Published: 2022 (first published 2021) Genre: Fiction, Contemporary, Li...