Sunday, December 25, 2011

Musing Mondays (Dec. 26)

This weeks posting asks:

Did you get any books for Christmas? If so, what were they?

If you didn't, what books are you most looking forward to reading (and/or buying) in the new year?

I got a Kobo Vox for Christmas and after a lot of consternation, I finally got it set up so that I can borrow books from the library on my ereader.  I don't see myself reading a lot on the reader for the fact that there aren't a lot of titles that I can download for free and I still like holding a physical book in my hands and can see myself reading a combination of the two.

Please leave a comment it you wish to.

Edit: My sister got me The Hunger Games, but I have to return because I already have a copy of the book.

6 comments:

caite said...

well, I too like a 'real book' best but I have come to enjoy some thing about e-readers too. My library does not have a large number of downloadable book, yet, but there are also a lot of free and cheap books available out there if you look around.

Gigi Ann said...

I like a real book also. I don't have an e-reader, so really can't compare the two to see which I would like best. The thing I like about the real books, are I know how many pages are left to read, and about how long it will take me to finish reading it. I'm sure e-readers let you know how much more is left to read, but like I said I don't have one, so don't know.

JC Jones said...

An ereader don't take the place of a physical books for me either. I have a Nook and do use it for some things. Thanks for stopping by my blog.

Laura BurgandyIce said...

My favorite thing about my e-reader is NetGalley... I transfer the downloaded books & read 'em for the cost of a review. :-) My Musings is at www.burgandyice.blogspot.com

PinkPigReads said...

That's nice you got an e-reader! Here at my place, not all bookstores and libraries have books that I'm looking for. Hence for read or purchased books online. Thanks for stopping by anyway!

Anonymous said...

I too prefer a physical book but I'm also glad that I have a Nook because it comes in handy when I couldn't find a physical copy of the book I want but it is also available as an ebook. :)

What Strange Paradise - Omar El Akkad

 Title: What Strange Paradise ( Bookshop.org ) Author: Omar El Akkad Published: 2022 (first published 2021) Genre: Fiction, Contemporary, Li...