Monday, August 11, 2014

Maibox Monday (Aug. 11)


Mailbox Monday is a place for readers to share the books that came into their homes during the past week.  After being hosted at a number of blogs over the past few years, it has gone back to its home base, the aptly named, Mailbox Monday.


I bought a book for TuesBookTalk, a group I belong to on Goodreads for a discussion that we are doing there for this particular book. I had borrowed the book from the library this past spring, but hadn't gotten around to reading it and because there wasn't a lot of e-copies of the book from the library, I purchased the book.  I have heard a lot of mixed reviews for the book from reviewers, but having heard the story prior to reading the book and having heard of Sarah Grimke prior to this (heard about her on The African Americans: Many Rivers to Cross, which aired during the fall of 2012 on PBS), I know that what I am reading is a fictionalized account and realize to take the book with a grain of salt.


No comments:

What Strange Paradise - Omar El Akkad

 Title: What Strange Paradise ( Bookshop.org ) Author: Omar El Akkad Published: 2022 (first published 2021) Genre: Fiction, Contemporary, Li...