Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday - Books on my Summer TBR





I realize that I am a little late with this, but I thought that better late than never and since my summer basically started last Friday (circumstances at work forced an early summer vacation).

So here are my top ten books on my summer TBR list:
• The Goldfinch by Donna Tartt : I have been wanting to read this book since it came out last fall and I hope to get some time to read it in the coming days.

• Speaking from Among the Bones by Alan Bradley : I usually read this series in the fall, but I figure with the time I have, I can read this one.

• Mrs. Hemingway by Naomi Wood : Looks at the lives of each of Ernest Hemmingway's wives.  Was interested after I heard the author interviewed on You Wrote the Book this past spring.  If you have read The Paris Wife and you liked it, you'll probably enjoy this one.

• The Vactioners by Emma Straub : Seems the it book of this summer season; looks promising.

• Runaway and Dear Life by Alice Munro : I bought Runaway and got Dear Life as a gift this past winter, with the thought that I would read them during the winter, but like The Goldfinch, it was set aside for other reads.

• The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood : I have had a copy of this book for a number of years and have wanted to read it.  Not a big fan of dystopic fiction (a Russian literature course in which I read We by Yevgeny Zamyatin made me have a strong dislike for dystopic literature), but being a fan of some of her other books, with Alias Grace being my favourite, I am going to give it a go.

• The Girl who Came Home by Hazel Gaynor : Bought this book through Bookbub for a couple of bucks; looks like a nice beach read.

• Outlander by Diana




No comments:

What Strange Paradise - Omar El Akkad

 Title: What Strange Paradise ( Bookshop.org ) Author: Omar El Akkad Published: 2022 (first published 2021) Genre: Fiction, Contemporary, Li...