Sunday, July 21, 2013

July Meme : Question # 12 #ccmeme

This month, The Classics Club asks:

What classic book has changed your view on life, social mores, political views, or religion?

 I have read a lot of classics in the last 33 or so years and to find one that changed my view on life, etc. is a bit daunting. But if I had to choose one book that changed my views on something it would probably have to be A Tale of Two Cities.   While it didn't really change my view on life, etc., it did change my view on the French Revolution, in that I was able to realize that my own view of the French Revolution was totally distorted.    What resulted was that through a variety of sources, I was able to fully realize that the French Revolution wasn't exactly what I thought it was

No comments:

What Strange Paradise - Omar El Akkad

 Title: What Strange Paradise ( Bookshop.org ) Author: Omar El Akkad Published: 2022 (first published 2021) Genre: Fiction, Contemporary, Li...