Sunday, January 12, 2014

Mailbox Monday (Jan. 13)

Mailbox Monday is a place for readers to share the books that came into their homes during the past week.  After being hosted at a number of blogs over the past few years, it has gone back to its home base, the aptly named, Mailbox Monday.

Got a number of the books that I had ordered on the gift card that I had purchased the e-books that I purchased last week.   A couple of them I received last Monday evening in a nice big box; the last one I picked up at the post office kiosk on Sunday morning.  Here is what I received:


I received Winter's Tale and The Goldfinch (along with the movie version of The Help) in a big box and have been reading Winter's Tale for most of the week (I borrowed the audio version of the book a few days earlier from the library and don't think I could be as far if I wasn't also listening to the audio at the same time).  I picked up Runaway on Sunday morning (thank goodness Canada Post has postal outlets in stores or I probably wouldn't have gotten till this afternoon).

I should get one more book in the post in the coming days, at least that is what the tracking information I have says.

No comments:

What Strange Paradise - Omar El Akkad

 Title: What Strange Paradise ( Bookshop.org ) Author: Omar El Akkad Published: 2022 (first published 2021) Genre: Fiction, Contemporary, Li...