Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Bout of Books 9.0 Goals

Bout of Books


As I stated earlier last month, Bout of Books 9.0 is coming up and I believe you can still sign up.    I have done this readathon pretty much from the start and despite my reservations at times, I do enjoy this one, as it helps me get some reading done when I might otherwise not get any done. And this comes at the perfect time.

If you don't know anything about Bout of Books, here is a brief description of it:

The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized by Amanda @ On a Book Bender and Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal. It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, January 6th and runs through Sunday, January 12th in whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure, and the only reading competition is between you and your usual number of books read in a week. There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional. For all Bout of Books 9.0 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog. - From the Bout of Books team

So there you have the description and lets get onto what my goals are to be for this week long read-a-thon:

• get 14 chapters of The Count of Monte Cristo completed
• complete Life after Life and get some of the e-books I have borrowed completed or get major work done on them.
• read Book 10 of War & Peace
• start reading Possession by A.S. Byatt for the TuesBookTalk Read-a-long
• start reading a book for my TBR Pile reading challenge (there are two I am doing, but they basically have the same book list); probably will be something like Moon over Manifest.

I will be updating my progress on a daily basis, with my opening post on the 6th and my closing post on the 13th.

No comments:

What Strange Paradise - Omar El Akkad

 Title: What Strange Paradise ( Bookshop.org ) Author: Omar El Akkad Published: 2022 (first published 2021) Genre: Fiction, Contemporary, Li...