Saturday, February 28, 2015

Sunday Salon - Ramblings

As I write this, I am basically playing on my new laptop (it's an Acer Aspire R 14) and getting used to it.  For most people it probably wouldn't be much of a challenge getting used to a new computer, but for me, it has proven to been a bit of a challenge in that when I got it, I had hoped that the transition would have been a bit smother than it has been.  While I have worked on Windows before, this is a whole different experience, in that I have to customize it to what I would like it to do and it doesn't help that I have had Macs for the past 15-20 years.  The past week has been a bit of a struggle and hence my reading has suffered.

I have also been watching the first 13 episodes of House of Cards and find that Kevin Spacey's deliciously nasty; his character reminds me of the person that he portrayed in the movie version of In the Midnight of Good and Evil.

I have been trying to read during this past week or two, but it has been difficult.  But what I have been reading is Ru by

No comments:

What Strange Paradise - Omar El Akkad

 Title: What Strange Paradise ( Bookshop.org ) Author: Omar El Akkad Published: 2022 (first published 2021) Genre: Fiction, Contemporary, Li...