Sunday, October 28, 2012

Sunday Salon - Almost there...

As I write this, many of you will already be into Monday and in fact many of you will be into Monday when you read this, but its still Sunday for about another hour or so, so I figured I would quickly write something.

This past week saw me get a little bit closer to the end of Les Miserables and Anna Karenina.  This past Tuesday, saw me have a day off of work due to the fact that the photographer needed the library to do the retakes, even though I had to make up the day later on in the week (I only work 2 hours due to the fact that I am limited to the amount of income I can make additionally to the disability cheque I receive from the government).  Anyways, I was able to get large portions of Anna Karenina and Les Miserables completed to the point that I am expecting to finishing the books by the end of the year.  Its been a long slog and am quite pleased that I have gotten through some very dry parts in both books and the end is in sight and I believe I can get those two books done, along with the other books that I have on my TBR list at the moment and getting 60 books completed by the end of the year.

If I finish those two books before I take my Christmas break, I am going to go out for a really nice dinner.  I don't know where I will go to do the celebrating, but I know that I am going to get a nice meal as my reward.

Now if I could get some motivation for finishing the final 40% of those books....

Reviews:
1) Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn (review)
2) Wuthering Heights by Emily Brontë (review)


No comments:

What Strange Paradise - Omar El Akkad

 Title: What Strange Paradise ( Bookshop.org ) Author: Omar El Akkad Published: 2022 (first published 2021) Genre: Fiction, Contemporary, Li...