Monday, January 31, 2011

Teaser Tuesdays

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

* Grab your current read
* Open to a random page
* Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
* BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
* Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

 At moments of departure and a change of life, people capable of reflecting on their actions usually get into a serious state of mind.  At these moments they usually take stock of the past and make plans for the future.


~p. 105, War and Peace by Leo Tolstoy

7 comments:

Jennifer said...

Finally someone chooses my beloved Tolstoy. I have this book in so many different languages. Excellent teaser choice. My TT (far from Tolstoy): http://www.rundpinne.com/2011/02/teaser-tuesdays-shadowfever.html

Wendi said...

This is one that I've wanted to read, but just haven't picked up. Nice teaser. :)

Here's my Teaser! ~ Wendi

Majanka said...

A classic! I can never get myself to pick this one up though, and I never get past the first 100-or-so pages. My teaser.

Miss Page-Turner said...

Hey this sounds good!
I've got this novel for about 5 years on my shelf, always aiming to read it but never done so far. I should really start it soon:)

You can find my teaser, here!

Kristin said...

I've never read Tolstoy before but do have Anna Karenina sitting on my shelf waiting to be read!

My teaser can be found here.

Unknown said...

Terrific, thought-provoking teaser! War & Peace is a powerful & incredible book. I hope you're enjoying ir & taking your time with it!

~ Amy
Amy's teaser!

Lori said...

Wow....talk about some heavy reading.... I hope you are enjoying your book. Here is my choice for this weeks Tuesday Teaser.

What Strange Paradise - Omar El Akkad

 Title: What Strange Paradise ( Bookshop.org ) Author: Omar El Akkad Published: 2022 (first published 2021) Genre: Fiction, Contemporary, Li...