Tuesday, August 21, 2012

The Classics Club - My Favourite Classic

For August, The Classics Club has asked:

What is your favourite classic book? Why?

This is a tough question to answer, as I have at least a few that I could say are my favourite, each for different reasons.  But if I had to choose one classic, I would have to choose Jane Eyre.  The reason being that it was my first true classic book that I recall reading and truly enjoying.  I don't know why it became my favourite book,  but likely it was due to the fact that I was at a point in my reading life that I was either going to read the same sort of things I had as a tween or I was going to be reading things that challenged me both as a person and as a reader.  And once I had completed the book, it stuck with me.

No comments:

What Strange Paradise - Omar El Akkad

 Title: What Strange Paradise ( Bookshop.org ) Author: Omar El Akkad Published: 2022 (first published 2021) Genre: Fiction, Contemporary, Li...