Saturday, April 9, 2011

24 Hour Readathon Update 10

Currently reading: Deja Dead
Number of books read since you started: 2
Pages read since last update: 22
Running total of pages read since you started: 248
Amount of time spent reading since last update: about 1 hour
Running total of time spent reading since you started: 11 hrs


I can't believe that I have made it to the half-way point!   And my energy is about zapped and I can't wait to take a nice long break and enjoy myself this evening.  I am going to do one more hour for sure, but I am really getting at the end of my rope and I can hardly concentrate.  On more hour.....

Mid-Event Survey:
1. What are you reading right now? Deja Dead
2. How many books have you read so far? Two
3. What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-thon? I'm ending at the end of hour 12
4. Did you have to make any special arrangements to free up your whole day? it worked out
5. Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those? I had one; knew it was coming; just dealt with it and continued reading
6. What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far? how much one gets into a rhythm reading a book
7. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year? Maybe start it a little earlier; 5 am on the West Coast is a little too early for my liking.
8. What would you do differently, as a Reader or a Cheerleader, if you were to do this again next year? Not schedule as many books to read
9. Are you getting tired yet? A little
10. Do you have any tips for other Readers or Cheerleaders, something you think is working well for you that others may not have discovered? Getting outside, even for a few minutes, and seeing something different helps quite a bit.  Drinking coffee may help keep one awake, but it does make one pee.  Also, if you read a lighter book at the start of the day, it helps with the readaing rhythm.

4 comments:

Michelle Stockard Miller said...

Good job, Melissa! Keep on truckin'!

Trish @ Love, Laughter, Insanity said...

Ha! I had to laugh at your assessment of coffee. Yes, tis true. Also can give the shakes. ;)

You're doing great--and just think, with a 5 am start you're liking to go longer than those on the later end of the spectrum! Wish I was 5 instead of 7!

Bybee said...

I envy your start time. Mine was 9 pm. Pace yourself and take breaks and you'll be fine. I agree with you about starting with a lighter book.

Cass said...

You're doing great!

What Strange Paradise - Omar El Akkad

 Title: What Strange Paradise ( Bookshop.org ) Author: Omar El Akkad Published: 2022 (first published 2021) Genre: Fiction, Contemporary, Li...