Thursday, May 30, 2013

Booking Through Thursday - Ideal


This week, Booking Through Thursday asks:


I want you to think about your ideal reading experience. Think about the location. (Your bed? Favorite chair? The beach? Indoors or outdoors?). Think about the sounds. (Is there music playing? Happy children playing in the background? Utter silence?) Is there a snack or beverage nearby? Are you alone or with friends/family (presumably being quiet enough for you to read in peace)? What kind of lighting is there? Are you dressed in something ultra-comfy? What’s your position? Curled up? Stretched out?
Now … describe it so that we can all feel exactly how perfect it is … and why.


This is a hard one to say because it would have to entirely depend on my mood, but if I had to choose my absolute ideal spot, it would have to be the beach; there is just something about sand underneath my feet as I read that is soothing.  I would probably be listening to some podcasts on my iPod with kids playing around me.  I would probably have a snack and I would be alone.  I would be in my bathing suit, just soaking in the sun and the warm weather

It would be perfect because it is a place that I am comfortable with and makes me feel comfortable.

No comments:

What Strange Paradise - Omar El Akkad

 Title: What Strange Paradise ( Bookshop.org ) Author: Omar El Akkad Published: 2022 (first published 2021) Genre: Fiction, Contemporary, Li...