Wednesday, May 29, 2013

#ArmchairBEA 2013 - Genre: Genre Fiction


Today, Wednesday, is about genre fiction: What draws you to a specific genre?  Do vampires, zombies, or witches float your boat?  Or, do you prefer the heat of romance?

In addition to reading classics, I also enjoy reading historical and literary fiction.  I suppose my fascination with literary fiction comes off of my love of classics and the wanting to read new things.  My love of historical fiction comes off of my love of history and it also gives me a perspective of something that history books can't really expound on.

I also like reading YA fiction, as I find some of the YA fiction better than what I was able to read as a teen and sometimes even find it better than the adult stuff at times.

No comments:

What Strange Paradise - Omar El Akkad

 Title: What Strange Paradise ( Bookshop.org ) Author: Omar El Akkad Published: 2022 (first published 2021) Genre: Fiction, Contemporary, Li...