Sunday, September 4, 2011

Sunday Salon - How fast it has gone...again

I can't believe how fast the summer has gone by.  July was basically a wash and the weather didn't really get going until about a month ago and since then the weather has been wonderful, at least out here on the West Coast.  In fact it was the dryest August in quite some time and really only had one or two days of "measurable" rain.  Sure there were days in which it was overcast, but for the most part the weather has been sunny and warm.  Now I am looking forward to a warm week, when the weather usually gets into the early to the mid 20s (its going to get into the late 20s and early 30s, centigrade that is).  It was a strange summer due to the fact that the way that my summer evolved and where I was at certain times during the summer.  The weather also played a large part in the strangeness that was my summer.

Didn't really read that much this summer, at least it didn't feel that way.

Weekly reviews
The Winter Rose

3 comments:

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

The Winter Rose sounds tempting...I've been noticing it here and there.

You can see what I've been up to here at MY SUNDAY SALON POST and
MY WEBSITE

Deb Nance at Readerbuzz said...

I thought summer raced by, too. Hot, hot, hot. And dry, dry, dry.

Here's my Sunday Salon!

And it's time for
Readerbuzz's September Giveaway!

Stop by! I always follow back.

Anonymous said...

In my part of the world, summer began in May, and is likely to continue into October (though we're out of the scary 110 (F) days now.)

I didn't read much at all this summer, either. Just that kind of year, I guess.

What Strange Paradise - Omar El Akkad

 Title: What Strange Paradise ( Bookshop.org ) Author: Omar El Akkad Published: 2022 (first published 2021) Genre: Fiction, Contemporary, Li...