Friday, June 29, 2012

Saturday Snapshot (June 30)

Saturday Snapshot is hosted by Alyce @ At Home With Books

Photos can be old or new and be of any subject you wish as long as they are clean and appropriate for all to see. How much detail you give in the photo is up to you.  Please don't post random photos that you find online

After work one day after work, I saw a ring around the sun.  Because this is highly unusual in my neck of the woods, I took a photo of it.  Took it with my iPhone.

Later: I have done some some research and this commonly called a 22° halo.  Never look directly into into it, as they are really bright.  It is formed through refracted light and is more commonly formed around the sun.

No comments:

What Strange Paradise - Omar El Akkad

 Title: What Strange Paradise ( Bookshop.org ) Author: Omar El Akkad Published: 2022 (first published 2021) Genre: Fiction, Contemporary, Li...