Friday, June 15, 2012

#bookbloggerhop (June 15-21)

Book Blogger Hop

This week, Crazy for Books asks:

Do you belong to book club, either online or in real life?

Yes, I belong to both forms, although my participation with online book clubs is rather spartan.  My real life book club meets four times, with September being the start of the year for the book club.  It contains myself and three other friends from high school and we have been doing it since September 2007.  We have read modern novels and also more classic type fiction.  We have had a power outage during one of meetings and we have had the host of the meeting doze off while watching a video (I was really, really tired).  Some of the books weren't exactly favourites but they definitely gave us a lot to discuss.  And some we really enjoyed and one time I completely forgot what book we were reading (I got the right author, but the wrong book).

No comments:

What Strange Paradise - Omar El Akkad

 Title: What Strange Paradise ( Bookshop.org ) Author: Omar El Akkad Published: 2022 (first published 2021) Genre: Fiction, Contemporary, Li...