Sunday, January 27, 2013

Sunday Salon - It's been a while

I honestly don't know how to start my Sunday Salon post this week, as I have been quite busy this past weekend and it honestly feels like a whirlwind.  Oh it was a good whirlwind, spending time with my friends and family, but it still feels as though I can't get my head on straight.  I had a post planned out for this weekend, but for some reason I couldn't get myself to write it.

This past week was pretty good, as I managed to get back to a place where I could feel comfortable reading again (I was in a bit of a funk when it came to reading in weeks after Christmas break) and therefore comfortable in my own skin.  But whatever it was, it affected my reading mojo.  It wasn't that I didn't want to read,  its just that I couldn't get myself to read anything that had substance and could only read stuff that would consider to be lighter than my normal fare.

And as I know, I will go through fits and starts throughout the year in regards to my reading. Hope you all have good week.

Reviews:
1) Blizzard of Glass by Sally M. Walker (review)
2) Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy (review)
3) The Chronicles of Downton Abbey by Jessica Fellowes, Matthew Sturgis (review)
4) Persuasion by Jane Austen (review)

No comments:

What Strange Paradise - Omar El Akkad

 Title: What Strange Paradise ( Bookshop.org ) Author: Omar El Akkad Published: 2022 (first published 2021) Genre: Fiction, Contemporary, Li...