Monday, December 31, 2012

Foodies Read 2013

During the course of 2012, I started noticing that I was increasingly attracted to "foodie books".  In fact, I read the 2 within several weeks of each other (Kitchen Counter Cooking School and My Life in France).  But I also managed to sign out a couple of others that I didn't get around to, but still wish to read (Dearie and Yes Chef) during the coming year.  Here are the details for this particular challenge:

Many of us who love to eat also love to read. But we go beyond that. We love to read about food. If that is you, then you are invite to join us in the Foodies Read Challenge for 2013. This is the second year in which we’ll indulge ourselves with good food writing.

If you are new to a food/reading challenge, you may be wondering – what is a “food book”? A food book is a book which is centered around food and/or drinks. That could be a cookbook, a food biography or memoir, a non-fiction book focused around a specific food, wine, chef or restaurant. Also allowed is a fictional story in which food plays a major role.

Here’s how the challenge works:
Decide how many food books you want to read in 2013. Pick one of the reading levels below. Remember, this is a challenge, so try pushing yourself.

Levels:
Short-Order Cook: 1 to 3 books
Pastry Chef: 4 to 8 books
Sous-Chef: 9 to 13 books
Chef de Cuisine: 14 to 18
Cordon-Bleu Chef: More than 19

At this point, I am going to aim for Short-Order Cook, as I really don't know what other "foodie" books I will be attracted to during the coming year.

No comments:

What Strange Paradise - Omar El Akkad

 Title: What Strange Paradise ( Bookshop.org ) Author: Omar El Akkad Published: 2022 (first published 2021) Genre: Fiction, Contemporary, Li...