Sunday, November 25, 2012

Sunday Salon - A weekend of reading

This weekend ended up being a weekend of reading for me.  Partly it was due to the Thankfully Reading Weekend challenge through Jenn's Bookshelves and partly it was due to the fact that I have a book club meeting this coming Saturday and I really need to get Mansfield Park completed, which I should be able to do.

My weekend of reading was kicked off with reading The Wilder Life by Wendy McClure, which I just read during Friday afternoon.  Once lunch had been put eaten and put away, I basically sat down and just read for several hours and before I knew it, I had finished it by the time I went to bed that night (its that type of book).  I quite enjoyed it and identified with the story McClure told, except that I have only been Walnut Grove and De Smet and then only for a bit in Walnut Grove and only a little while in De Smet (my family and I were on the tail end of a cross-Canada journey in which we went through the States about 20 years ago).  I really do want to see her house in Mansfield, but I don't know if I will ever get to it, unless somebody wants to go with me.

And yesterday I spend about 9 hours reading from Mansfield Park, Anna Karenina and Les Miserables.  I managed to complete Book 5 of Anna Karenina and got a good portion of Vol. 4  of Les Miserables.  But today is cleaning, as I have family staying over night and I would prefer to read over cleaning my place. And when you live on your own, you have to do the cleaning or else you live in a pigsty.  But I will likely get some reading done later this afternoon. Till next week.

Review:
1) The Wilder Life by Wendy McClure (review)

No comments:

What Strange Paradise - Omar El Akkad

 Title: What Strange Paradise ( Bookshop.org ) Author: Omar El Akkad Published: 2022 (first published 2021) Genre: Fiction, Contemporary, Li...