Friday, October 22, 2010

Time to Relax read-a-thon

I am officially announcing my first readathon. It will be taking place on December 4 & 5 and will not have a specific time limit. You can read for as much or as little as you wish to.

One thing I would like for people to do is to donate either some money or toys to your local Christmas Bureau. You can donate as much or as little as you wish to.

If somebody can make a tag for the readathon, I would appreciate it. Also note, this being done for the pure enjoyment of reading over a couple of days, while the hectic Christmas season is under way, and to take some time to enjoy a book. Please sign up and I look forward to seeing the first weekend in December. The tag can be found here.

12 comments:

Michelle Stockard Miller said...

Hi Melissa--I'm signing up for your read-a-thon (YAY....another read-a-thon!) and I made you a button, but I don't see an email address on your profile. Please email me at truebookaddictATgmailDOTcom and I'll reply back with the image. I will donate a toy to my local Toys for Tots program too. Thanks for hosting!

Michelle

Elizabeth - Elizabeth-Michelle.com said...

Looking forward to it!

ShadowsTomes said...

I just signed up for it! :)

Melissa

Bitsy Bling Books said...

Well of course I will join in. Thanks for hosting. Drop by anytime.
http://www.bitsyblingbooks.com
Thanks Michelle for posting. I love read-a-thons/Challenges.

I need to get back to writing, but right now I'm having too much fun reading. With the upcoming holidays I rather blog, read and relax. Oh yeah, and give lots of stuff away!

Charlie

Bev Hankins said...

I'm doing two-for-one...Two great Read-a-thons on the same weekend. Lots of good reading for a great cause! I linked up above.

Piper said...

I will do it, although I am working all day Saturday.

Whitney said...

This sounds great, and I love the toy donation idea. Thanks for hosting!

Anonymous said...

I'd love to do this! I'm not sure how much I'll actually read, as exams will be looming by then, but I'll do my best. :)

Bitsy Bling Books said...

The URL listed #6 for me is no longer active. I had to move my web address. The #15 link is the correct link :) Thanks

Charlie
http://bitsybling.blogspot.com

Deseree said...

Hoping to finish up The Life and Times of Sugar Ray Robinson by Wil Haygood and The Road by Cormac McCarthy in-between putting up Christmas decorations. Busy, busy weekend!

Deseree said...

I should add as for as my charitable donations this season, I donated to Toys for Tots and sponsored 3 Angels.

Melissa Wiebe said...

I just started and I am the host! Late night and too much caffeine. Anyways off to start reading; will be putting up a post soon.

What Strange Paradise - Omar El Akkad

 Title: What Strange Paradise ( Bookshop.org ) Author: Omar El Akkad Published: 2022 (first published 2021) Genre: Fiction, Contemporary, Li...