Sunday, June 5, 2016

Bones: The Complete Series - Jeff Smith

Title: Bones: the complete series
Author: Jeff Smith
Pages: 1341
Published: 2010
Genre: Graphic Novels
Edition: Paperback
Source: Library

Description: An American graphic novel first! The complete 1300 page epic from start to finish in one deluxe trade paperback.

Three modern cartoon cousins get lost in a pre-technological valley, spending a year there making new friends and out-running dangerous enemies. Their many adventures include crossing the local people in The Great Cow Race, and meeting a giant mountain lion called RockJaw: Master of the Eastern Border. They learn about sacrifice and hardship in The Ghost Circles and finally discover their own true natures in the climatic journey to The Crown of Horns. (via Goodreads)

Thoughts: I first gained awareness of the Bones graphic novel series through my volunteer work at a local school library and seeing these book being signed out frequently by the students, I was intrigued by the series and found that my public library had a copy of the complete series.  It took me a few years of being on my TBR, but I eventually got through the book.

And I really, really enjoyed the book.  I liked how the story played out and also how quick the pages flew by; I was quite amazed at how quickly the book went by.  I can see why kids are attracted to these books.

If there was anything that I would quibble about is that the ending of the series seemed to feel a little too drawn out at times.  Other than that, I quite enjoyed the series.

Bottom line: Really enjoyed plowing through the series and was a nice break from my usual prose novels and would recommend it to people who need a palate cleanser or just need something for a readathon.  Highly Recommended.

Rating: 4.9/5

No comments:

What Strange Paradise - Omar El Akkad

 Title: What Strange Paradise ( Bookshop.org ) Author: Omar El Akkad Published: 2022 (first published 2021) Genre: Fiction, Contemporary, Li...