Sunday, December 7, 2014

Sunday Salon - What I have been up to

As I write this, I am currently catching up on the 11th season of Grey's Anatomy and on book reviews.  I also am short on what to talk about today, so this might be a little on the short side.

So I bet what some of you are wondering what I have been up to since I last posted a Sunday Salon.  Well, up until about a week ago, not much. Basically I was just surviving and trying not to freak out too much.  For some reason I haven't really been able to read too much and it was like a chore for me.  It wasn't like I had totally gone cold turkey on reading, its just that I had days were I wouldn't pick up a book for a number of days before reading again.

But out of necessity, I was able to finish 5 books in about a week.  And when I finished the fifth book last night, I felt good, but exhausted.  And now I feel drained, but feeling as though I will be able to pick up a book up again sometime in the next few hours.  I hope to get something done in the next day or two.

I think partly the reason was that I was involved with a therapy group and it was becoming emotionally draining towards the end of the 10 sessions and that by the time I was feeling better, I was just about to go to back to my therapy group and the cycle happened all over again.  It also didn't help that my work schedule was chaotic for about a month, due to holidays, me taking a sick day and other things out of my control.  And despite Christmas coming down upon us, I am starting to feel rather calm about things and feel as though I can get through the hustle and bustle that is the Christmas season; just have to get my cards out to people and I will basically be done.

I hope you have a relaxing Sunday.  Off to do some reading...

No comments:

What Strange Paradise - Omar El Akkad

 Title: What Strange Paradise ( Bookshop.org ) Author: Omar El Akkad Published: 2022 (first published 2021) Genre: Fiction, Contemporary, Li...