Christmas Spirit Read-a-thon
Here are a few guidelines that Michelle has give for the Read-a-Thon:
- Read-a-Thon dates: Monday, November 24 at 12:00am CST until Sunday, November 30 at 11:59pm CST (adjust your time zone accordingly)
- You do not have to be signed up for the Christmas Spirit Reading Challenge to participate (but I sure would love for you to join us!)
- I am not requiring that you read only Christmas/holiday books during the read-a-thon, but I hope you will pick up at least one holiday tale, even if it's just to read some children's books with your kids or some holiday short stories
- to check in on Twitter, we'll use hashtag #CSreadathon
- as usual, you do not have to have a blog to participate...feel free to link up and check in from Goodreads, Facebook, Twitter, etc.
And in conjunction with the Christmas Spirit Read-a-thon, Michelle is also hosting The Christmas Spirit Reading Challenge. I think this is my fourth or fifth year participating, but at this point I don't know.
Here are the guidelines for the reading challenge:
- challenge will run from Monday, November 24, 2014 through Tuesday, January 6, 2014 (Twelfth Night or Epiphany).
- cross over with other challenges is totally permitted AND encouraged!
- These must be Christmas novels, books about Christmas lore, a book of Christmas short stories or poems, books about Christmas crafts, and for the first time...a children's Christmas books level!
--Candy Cane: read 1 book
--Mistletoe: read 2-4 books
--Christmas Tree: read 5 or 6 books (this is the fanatic level...LOL!)
--Fa La La La Films: watch a bunch or a few Christmas movies...it's up to you!
--Visions of Sugar Plums: read books with your children this season and share what you read
*the additional levels are optional, you still must complete one of the main reading levels above
I am going for the Christmas Tree level and will also be doing Fa La La La Films.
Even though Thanksgiving Weekend is long gone in Canada, I can't give up an excuse to spend a weekend reading. Here are the details for the reading weekend:
There are no rules to the weekend, we’re simply hoping to devote a good amount of time to reading, and perhaps meeting some of our reading challenges and goals for the year.
You still have plenty of time to sign up and I hope that you will sign up for one or all of them.
Did not finish anything this past week nor did I post any reviews. Happy reading.