• 12 ounces spaghetti • 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder (just a pinch would suffice)
• 1lb of lean ground beef • 2 tablespoons dried minced onion (I only put in a pinch or two)
• 1 teaspoon of salt • 2 1/2 cups of chopped tomatoes (I put in one can (19 fl oz or
• 3/4 teaspoon of sugar 540 ml) of diced tomatoes)
• 1 teaspoon dried oregano • 1 1/3 (6 ounces) cans tomato paste
• 1/4 ground black pepper • 1 (4.5 ounce) can sliced mushrooms (this would be optional,
depending if members in your house like mushrooms or not)
1) Brown beef over medium heat. Drain off fat.
2) In a large pot (a large saute pan would also work well), combine beef, salt, sugar, oregano, pepper, garlic powder, onion flakes, diced tomatoes, tomato paste, and mushrooms. Simmer at a low heat for about 2 hours, stirring occasionally.
3) Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain. Serve sauce over spaghetti.
Here is what the final product should look like prior to serving: